Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst | Market- and Credit | Risk Modelling | Model Validation | International Banking | Financial Markets |Big Data | R , Python |EUR 49k+ all in |40 hours per week
Are you an ambitious and data-driven young professional, who is interested in quantitative risk analyses and Financial Markets? Do you have excellent analytical and communication skills? Do you have a strong affinity with IT systems, modelling and (big) data? We have an exciting job opportunity available as Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst at the Financial Markets services division of a major international bank in Amsterdam.
Our client is a leading global player in Financial Markets services. This bank provides professional investors (including professional traders, market makers, brokers and investment parties) access to Financial Markets and make it possible for these clients to trade in financial products. These investors are further supported in complying with law and regulations.
Your department is responsible for the development, validation and implementation of risk systems and has three pillars: Market and Credit Risk modelling, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, and Regulatory Modelling. You will be working in a highly international team of 11+ quantitative and IT Risk professionals. As Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst you will be the modelling expert and therefore responsible for data quality, validation, implementation and testing of risk systems.
Your tasks will include i.a.:
- Evaluations of risk models and propose amendments to the risk systems, for which you will write functional specifications;
- Test amendments in collaboration with the IT Risk team and deliver test reports;
- Keeping track of all functional documentations;
- Providing model validation and presenting back-testing results to Global Risk Committees of the bank in collaboration with your ‘colleague Risk Managers’ worldwide;
- Keeping the model regulatory compliant and presenting to regulators (i.a. European Central Bank, Dutch Central Bank, and other local central banks);
- Program languages used i.a.: R and Python.
To be successful as Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst, the following should apply:
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong affinity with and knowledge of IT and Risk Modelling;
- Experience with statistical packages, like R and Python;
- Strong communication skills and a real team player;
- You are able to explain complex mathematical issues to an audience without any quantitative background;
- Proactive and stress-resistant attitude and you think in terms of solutions: “you make it happen”;
- Master’s degree in (Financial/Applied) Mathematics/Econometrics and with outstanding study results
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a preference.
As a Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst you will work at a great location in Amsterdam and you will join an international team of driven and highly qualified quantitative and IT Risk professionals. You will have the opportunity to work at the highest level of Market & Credit Risk modelling, using the newest technology in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Your team is leading in quantitative risk modelling in the financial world.
Working environment is professional, dynamic, informal, and pragmatic. You learn how to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you will gain a broad understanding of derivative products, banking processes and systems from a leading player in the market. You will be trained to improve your modelling and IT skills to become an expert.
We offer an excellent salary package:
- EUR 49k+, including 8% holiday allowance and bonus
- 24 holiday days + paid public holiday days
- Pension arrangement
- Study budget EUR 1.500,-.
- Commuting from home to work reimbursement
Interested? Please upload your resume via one of the buttons below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Floor van Ligten via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.